Did you know that the pain, anxiety, fear, frustration, and darkness you are experiencing right now is warfare? You are waging war! You are in a battle! You may not see it, and you might forget it’s there, but it is. The enemy has loved nothing more than to start your year off with discouragement and defeat, bringing fear and stress. First, it was the pandemic and economic downfall….. now we are in a battle of racism! Don’t let him win!
2 Cor. 10:3-5 “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
Your war is different from the world. The world will fight with their tongue using lies to manipulate, cheat, steal, and control your emotions! The one thing that has been attacked since the pandemic is “emotion”.
The enemy is using emotions to control you. Don’t let him!
James 4:7 Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything….stand.
You need to fight the good fight of faith! Stay in prayer and stay on your knees. I don’t look for things to get better any time soon, but you my friend, you can get better by spending more time with God and by choosing not to engage in the fight of the world.
I want to encourage you. Here are some way you fight the good fight of faith!
1 Tim. 6:12 “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”
- Resist the devil and everything negative thing about him…Satan is dark and negative, so resist dark and negative emotions.
- Resist arguments and cast them down. Make up in your mind that you are NOT going to argue. You can discuss something without making your blood pressure go up!.
- Resist negative thoughts. Negative thoughts invites darkness and opens the door to demonic activity in your life.
- Realize that your war is not against flesh and blood, but is against principalities and rulers of this dark world. You are not fighting people, you are fighting a system! It’s the devil’s system and you are not to operate by his system. You are a child of God and you operate under the influence of the Holy Spirit from a different mind set, a different kingdom, a different system!
- Realize that you need to be filled up each and every day! Fill up with God’s Word, prayer, worship music, and godly counsel! Godly counsel will challenge you, confront you, deal with you and heal you!
- Be open for change and seek godly wisdom. James 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
- Seek counseling and advice when you are tempted to respond to the world’s system! Proverbs 24:6 For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (and deliverance).
- Guard your heart and keep it pure! Don’t engage in a fight that doesn’t belong to you.
- Stay focussed! Don’t be distracted but the arrows flying by! I know the enemy has targeted you, but you have to know that the Lord is fighting on the front lines of this battle and I’ve already read the end of the book, and guess what? YOU WIN! Stay connected to Jesus, even when you are the target.
- Make daily declarations and confessions to the Lord. Create your boundaries in the spirit realm by binding the works, plots and assignments of the enemy and realize that Jesus came to DESTROY the works of the enemy, so by your declarations, you will DESTROY the works of the enemy! Don’t let him get in your head!
Prophesy to those dry bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!,Thus says the Lord God to these bones, “I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I command life into everything that is dead in your life! I also ask for revival regeneration, reformation and transformation in every area of your life. Be increased, established and settled in Jesus name! As the dry bones grew and became exceedingly great army. You will grow beyond your own comprehension, and you will enter into your rest. The Lord will grow your economy empowerment, your wisdom ability to design, to reign and rule in your generation, you will become an epitome of greatness and beauty. He said in His word, He will decorate you with His beauty and establish the work of your hand, yes, establish the work of your hand. Selah!
“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Matt. 18:18-19